




I got home from work today, exhausted from a long week of work and taking care of two sick babies (Jax and Nate), and I looked around the house and thought "Holy Hell, this house is a pig sty." After I played with Jax, fed him, made supper for us, played a little more and put Jax to bed, I finally sat down on the couch. I looked around and thought again, this is our life. We have a child now and when you look around that's very clear. Worrying about a little (ok A LOT) of dog hair on the floor, or a jacket hanging on the kitchen table, or the mail on the island is silly. I would much rather spend time every night with my baby and husband (and dog sometimes)- the dishes and laundry can wait for another day. I took the camera and walked around the house taking random, well a few of the photos were staged :), snapshots of our life right now...a few of Jax's favorite toys, our living room scattered with books and toys, the cereal he's now eating, and the spot in the kitchen where his car seat, diaper bag and my pump bag for work always sit. My counters are now cluttered with all things baby, but I love it and I love being reminded every second when I look around how wonderful (and messy) life really is.
No comments:
Post a Comment