Monday, October 11, 2010

First Birthday -Fargo








Happy 1st Birthday Jaxon! Ok, well I'm a little late on the blog part of it, but here are a few pics. Jaxon was so excited because he was able to celebrate in Fargo on Sept 12th, the day after his Aunt Leah's wedding. Lots of family came to celebrate this big day. We had it at the Ramada since my parents already had a room there. He loved swimming with dad and Uncle Brady and Cousin Ella. Thank goodness Ella was there to help open all the presents! I had to wake Jaxon up from his nap when the party started- any mom will tell you not to do this, but I didn't listen to my inner-mom telling me this was a really bad idea. Second, we shoved him in the pool right away- that will wake you up fast. Third, we sat him in a room full of people and had him open presents. Talk about over-stimulation. You are probably wondering when "it" happened, "it" being the melt-down. I was so excited to have him try cake for the first time, however, I didn't know that would set off the meltdown of the year. I set the cake in front of him and he didn't quite know what to think. He stuck his hand into the frosting and couldn't figure it out. He looked at his hand and tried to spread his fingers apart and couldn't and that's when the tears came. I tried to get him to taste the frosting, which made him even madder. So I announced, "Party's Over" while trying to talk over my screaming child. I put him in the crib and he was out like a light. A few people stuck around and it was nice visiting with Nate's family. Thanks to everyone for helping to make Jaxon's first birthday so special. It just wouldn't have been the same with out his relatives watching him NOT eat his first birthday cake. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment