Thursday, August 5, 2010

Back to Reality










It is back to reality at the Burgess household. After staying with us for 6 weeks, my mom left on Tuesday. Words can't describe how much it meant to us to have her here. Everyday since we moved to Rochester (and especially after starting a family), I wish we lived closer to home, and after this summer I wish it even more. It was such a blessing having her here. Not to mention all the Jaxon-time she got in. The plan was Jaxon would go to daycare in the mornings while my mom went to treatment and then she would come home and relax and take a nap before picking him up around noon. That totally back-fired on me. I think she took one cat nap the whole time. Instead she would run to the grocery store or Sam's, go shopping, take golf lessons, hit a bucket of balls at the driving range, do laundry, vacuum up the endless dog hair in our house... You get the picture. She can't sit still (at least I know where I get it from). Someone at work the other day asked how my mom was doing. I told them "Great. She hasn't let any of this stop her. She's go go go." And I told them how she's been doing everything for us and spoiling us rotten. She looked at me and said "Well, it sounds like what mom's do." And I thought OMG she's so right. Why did I ever think I could slow my mom down? I thought she would need to rest, but little did I know she just wanted to be "mom" (well, grandma mostly). But she stated it best- Jaxon was spoiled this summer, but I was spoiled even more. Life has slowly went back to normal around here. Although, Jaxon was upset to hear he would no longer be spending his afternoons playing on the blanket in the grass, eating popsicles, and listening to stories with Grandma. He would now have to fight for attention from his teachers at school (they all love him though because he's so dang cute!) Who would have ever thought 6 weeks would go so fast. God works in funny ways. If this didn't happen, and if that didn't happen... my mom wouldn't have stayed with us for 6 weeks and watched Jaxon crawl for the first time or experience new foods, or giggle so hard he chokes himself etc. Thank you, mom, for everything this summer! Now that I'm a mom too, I know that I wouldn't have sat still for a minute either. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment