






The end of April, Jaxon and I took the train back to Minot. It was the first time I had been to Minot without Nate in...well a long long time. It was an adventure on the train. It left Red Wing Thursday night at 9pm and got into Minot at 8:30am. So my plan was that Jaxon was going to sleep the whole time. Needless to say that backfired. I forgot to take into account that he usually wakes up at 5am every morning. So the whole train is trying to sleep and he's blabbing away. I scooped him up and we watched the sun rise in the observation car, and even saw a few deer. Jaxon slept good though. However, I hardly slept a wink. There are some interesting people who ride the train- I'll just leave it at that. I slept with one eye open!It was so wonderful to be home. Friday Jaxon, my mom and I took naps all day and laid in their great king bed and snuggled. We played with Jess and Camden (1 years old), well mostly Camden banged a wooden spoon on a metal mixing bowl and Jaxon watched with amazement. So easily entertained.
We also went and visited 10 day old yellow lab puppies. Jaxon almost squeezed one to death. They were so cute. I'm trying to talk Anna and Ryan into getting one, but she quickly reminded me what they grow into- a constantly-shedding, vaseline-eating, crotch-sniffing, garbage-digging, money-sucking, lawn-wrecking, hard wood floor-scratching, bed-hogging, shitting and eating machine!
One of the pictures, Jaxon is sitting in our old wooden high-chair. He sure enjoyed it, but there was hardly anything to strap him in- the old saying "they don't make them like that anymore" certainly holds true here.
Like always, it was hard to leave (especially when you have to board a train full of weirdos). He was sure excited to see his dad when we got home. Even though I didn't sleep a wink on the train, I would still do it again (if Nate's not able to chauffeur us back home). It's nice because it goes through the night so we didn't waste time in the car and Jax wasn't stuck in his car seat the whole time.
It's Jaxon's 8 month birthday today. I know, I sound like a broken record, but I can't believe how much he's changed since last month. He's becoming quite the blond heart breaker too! He has a bib that says "Lock up your daughter." haha
so cite and so fun! glad to see your parents looking well!
ReplyDelete