skip to main |
skip to sidebar
First Day Back to Work



Today was the dreaded day that I returned to work. After being at home with Jax for the last 12 weeks, I had to face reality head on this morning. The last 12 weeks went by so fast, the fastest 3 months of my life. I enjoyed every moment at home with Jax (and Ike too). It's still hard to imagine being with him basically 24 hours a day for the last 3 months and now being away from him for 9 hours in a row! Yesterday I spent the day trying to take mental pictures so I would remember these moments forever. I don't think I put him down all day. I just stared at him all day long, trying to remember the soft sound of his breathing when he sleeps, the priceless smile he gives me when he wakes up, his little hand wrapped around my finger, his innocent eyes staring at the Christmas tree, the way he fits perfectly in my arms... I could go on and on. My point is they truly do grow up so fast. Seems like just yesterday he was getting up every 2 hours at night, slept all day, seemed so small in his car seat... I envy moms who get to stay at home, but I am not going to dwell on it and have convinced myself this is the start of a great new beginning for us. Afterall, I went to daycare and turned out pretty normal, right? Today my friend Mandi actually watched him so that helped ease my mind this morning. She sent me those two pictures during the day. Jax obviously had a fun day playing with his girlfriend, Maeva. Monday he will go to daycare and I think that morning will be more difficult. The other pictures Nate took before I left for work. This has gotten a little longer than normal. Last night Nate and I were laying in bed talking about the last 3 months and he summed it up perfectly, "Did you ever think you could love someone this much?"
Your post is so right on!! Time goes by so quickly, before we know it our little ones will be graduating high school and we will wonder where the time went. I sound like a broken record when I say this but enjoy each minute you have with Jax, make mental pictures and store them away, he will be walking soon!
ReplyDeleteIt still seems like yesterday that I had my first day back and I've been back to work for 3 months now.
Camden can't wait to meet Jaxon!